My Guide Website?
1-day Royal Palace and Castle Tour from Stockholm3 Reviews
Visit 3 of Sweden’s most iconic castles on this 8-hour guided castle tour. Learn about the lives of the Swedish nobility from your guide. Explore Drottningholm, a UNESCO world heritage site, Venngarn, and Skoloster. Enjoy the convenience of full transfer.
- Visit Drottningholm, an UNESCO world heritage site, and one of Sweden's grandest castles
- Walk through the gardens of Wenngarn, a gorgeous baroque castle
- Have lunch in Sigtuna, the oldest town in Sweden
- Explore Skokloster, one of Sweden's best preserved 17th century palaces
DescriptionDrive just outside of Stockholm and visit castle Drottningholm. This elegant royal palace was built in the 16th century for the Swedish royal family and became the regular summer residence of the Swedish royal court throughout the 18th century. Next, stop for lunch in Sigtuna, Sweden’s oldest town. Take a walk through its historic streets. Visit the Venngarn castle, a 13th-century palace most famously owned by the Swedish nobleman Gabriel De La Gardie. Learn about De La Gardie’s fascinating life story from your knowledgable guide. Once one of the richest men in all of Sweden, De La Gardie suffered a tragic reversal of fortunes and ended his life in destitution. Explore the Skoloster Castle, an impressive baroque castle which stands as a monument to the Swedish Age of Greatness. Walk its scenic grounds and see its stately interiors. The castle also contains a wonderful collection of paintings, furniture, textiles, and tableware, as well as books and weapons. When the Skoloster is closed during October through May, a different castle will be visited instead.
IncludesTour guide/driver Hotel pickup and drop-off if your hotel is located within 5 km from Stockholm central station Cruise pickup and drop-off from Stockholm harbors (except Nynäshamn) Gratuities
- There is some walking during this tour, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Make sure to dress appropriately for the weather.