Markim-Orkesta: Historical Tour in Swedish Countryside3 Reviews
Explore the Swedish countryside and learn about history, from the Bronze Age to today, on this 5-hour guided tour that departs from Stockholm. Visit medieval churches with runestones, Viking graveyards, cozy red houses and more.
- Explore a former UNESCO World Heritage candidate site
- Visit a medieval church with runestones and preserved fresco paintings
- Take in the beautiful landscape of the Swedish countryside
- Learn about Sweden's history from a knowledgeable local guide
DescriptionTravel back to the old Sweden on a guided 5-hour tour to Markim-Orkesta, a former candidate UNESCO World Heritage site north of Stockholm. Made up of two church parishes, Markim-Orkesta is full of history from various eras. Explore the fields and farms of the countryside while learning about the Bronze Age, Viking Age and other periods from a knowledgeable local guide. After pick-up, travel by car towards Markim-Orkesta. Upon arrival, choose between a walking tour or a car tour. Visit the ruins of a medieval house with a connection to the Swedish reformation king, a Viking bridge and graveyard, a local church with runestones and preserved fresco paintings, remnants from the Bronze Age, a local museum, a horse farm and much more.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at accommodation or cruise harbor within 5km of Stockholm central station, except Nynäshamn harbor Live guide Lunch (Please bring your own)
- Tour operates in all weather
- Please bring weather appropriate clothing
- Please bring your own lunch
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability