My Guide Website?
Stockholm: 2-Day Archipelago Kayaking and Camping
Explore the Stockholm Archipelago and its 26,000 islands on an overnight trip. You can place your tent on one of the small islands and enjoy the best sunset views in Sweden, with kayaking on a multi-day trip the best way to explore the archipelago.
- Explore the archipelago from a local's perspective
- Encounter wildlife such as sea eagles, white swans, and roe deer
- Set up your tent on a small island and sleep under the stars
- Enjoy a stunning sunset and sunrise out in nature
- Learn advanced safety and paddling techniques
DescriptionDay 1: You will begin by traveling for 45-60 minutes to the Central Archipelago. From there the departure point and route will be adjusted to weather conditions as well as the experience of the level of the group. Before the tour starts, all camping equipment, food, and water will need to be packed in the correct manner, following which you will receive advanced safety instructions and paddling techniques. The group will then leave the kayak station at around 10:30AM, assuming an easy paddling speed so that everyone can get used to their kayak. Following approximately 2 hours of paddling it will be time for your first lunch break on a small, secluded island which could have a beach and the opportunity to swim. You will stop for about 1.5 hours and prepare lunch on an open fire, after which the tour continues paddling for about 2 hours. On the way you will see bird life and stunning natural scenery, before taking a second break accompanied by some snacks to keep your energy levels up. When you’re ready, you’ll finish the last paddle for the day whilst looking out for the perfect wild camping location somewhere along the shoreline. From there you can enjoy the sunset and spend the evening next to the fire, a perfect ending of the day. Day 2: The following morning, breakfast will be ready at around 8:00AM. You can enjoy your breakfast whilst taking in some stunning views of the ocean, after which it will be time to pack the equipment and get back into your kayak. The morning usually offers the best kayaking conditions, throughout which your paddling will make you feel like you are kayaking on a giant lake. After around 2–3 hours of kayaking you will prepare lunch before taking a small hike to receive some stunning views of the area. Following that, prepare yourself for the final 2 hours of kayaking between the small islands. Your tour will then end at around 3:00PM, at which point you will travel back into town where you will arrive by approximately 5:00PM.
IncludesOrganic food (2x lunch, 1x dinner, 1x breakfast) Organic Swedish Fika (snack, water, coffee, tea) Eco-friendly equipment Safety equipment Waterproof bags Experienced outdoor guide Round-trip transportation from Stockholm
- You need to be able to swim 200 meters to take part in this activity
- The total kayaking distance is approximately 20-40 kilometers
- No previous kayaking experience is needed
- The tour's maximum weight is 110 kilograms
- The tour's maximum height is 1.95 meters
- The tour will most likely be conducted on a tandem (double kayak) that is more stable. If you wish to use a single kayak (experienced participants only) please inform the local partner
- Please inform the local partner of any dietary restrictions