My Guide Website?
Stockholm: Archipelago Eco-Friendly Guided Kayaking Tour
The Stockholm archipelago consists of more than 26,000 islands. From sandy beaches to rocky shores and forests, its natural, rugged beauty will blow you away. Kayaking is the most eco-friendly and adventurous way to explore the archipelago.
- Explore the Stockholm archipelago like a local on an eco-friendly tour
- Learn stories and information about Stockholm and Sweden
- Enjoy basic safety and paddle introductions
- Savor a freshly prepared organic campfire meal
- Kayak with an experienced guide
DescriptionStart your adventure from the city center where you’ll be picked up from the meeting point. From there, it's a short drive (approximately 40 minutes) in a comfortable car until you reach the archipelago. Before getting into your kayak, you’ll have some basic paddling techniques and safety instructions from your guide. In small personal groups, you'll be ready to paddle into the archipelago, encountering different islands along the way. Before you get too tired, have a break on one of the small islands and set up your own campfire to prepare an organic lunch. If you’re tough enough, maybe go for a swim in the Baltic Sea until lunch is ready. On your way back, enjoy another break with some organic Swedish fika (coffee and cake break). The whole day consists of around 3-4 hours paddling with plenty of breaks to embrace the wonderful Swedish scenery. The tour is open to beginners and manageable for all levels.
IncludesOrganic campfire lunch Organic Swedish fika (coffee, tea, and pastries) Eco-friendly equipment Safety equipment Waterproof bags to protect your belongings Experienced outdoor guide Transportation
- You need to be able to swim 200 meters
- Kayaking approximately 12-18 km distance
- No previous kayak experience needed
- Please inform the local partner of any dietary restrictions
- The tour will most likely be conducted on a tandem (double kayak) that is more stable. If you wish to use a single kayak (experienced participants only) please inform the local partner