Stockholm: Canoe Adventure in Bogesund Nature Reserve
Discover the wonders of the Stockholm Archipelago on this pleasant canoe adventure. Escape the stress of the city and soak up breathtaking scenic views as you glide around Bogesund Nature Reserve and enjoy a traditional Swedish “fika” break.
- Discover the beauty of the Stockholm Archipelago by canoe
- Paddle through the magnificent landscapes of Bogesund Nature Reserve
- Watch out for native wildlife including beavers and coastal birds
- Enjoy a traditional Swedish coffee break, also known as a 'fika'
DescriptionThe adventure begins at Skärgårdens Kanotcenter, where you’ll meet your friendly guide and take part in a short safety briefing. Once you’re familiar with the basic paddling techniques it's time to hop into your canoe and hit the water. Follow your guide as you explore the beauty of the Stockholm Archipelago and admire the sprawling natural landscapes which includes luscious green meadows and old oak trees. As you glide along the water, listen to stories about the history of the area which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago. Soak up the surrounding scenic views and feel immersed in the tranquil atmosphere of the reserve, which will leave you feeling a million miles away from the stress of the city, despite being just 30-minutes away from Stockholm. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, find the perfect spot for a rest and enjoy a typical Swedish “fika”, also known as a coffee break. After your refreshments, head back into the water and watch out for the reserve’s array of native wildlife including beavers and coastal birds. At the end of an unforgettable experience, it’s time to begin the journey back to the starting point, marvelling at the last of the views along the way.
IncludesCanoe (designed for 2 adults), paddle, PFD Dry bag Transfers with car/bus Fika (a Swedish coffee break) with hot drinks Map of the area Photos of the tour Hotel pickup and drop-off Outdoor clothing (it is recommended that you wear outdoor clothing, suitable to the weather on the day)
- In case of bad weather conditions your guides will try to adjust the route to the wind direction or find a good alternative (such as kayaking)
- A reasonable degree of fitness is advisable
- This tour has a minimum of 2 guests to run (if there are not enough bookings, the tour may be cancelled)
- Please dress in clothes suitable for a sports activity
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability