My Guide Website?
Stockholm: Winter Archipelago Kayaking Experience2 Reviews
Explore the winter side of the Stockholm Archipelago by kayak. Winter is the time of year where you can truly experience the tranquility of archipelago, with the luxury of having it all to yourself.
- Try winter kayaking around a beautiful archipelago
- Paddle through the magnificent landscapes of Vaxholm
- Stay dry thanks to your dry suit
- Take pictures of your winter adventure
DescriptionYour adventure begins at Skärgårdens Kanotcenter, where you’ll meet your guide and take part in a safety briefing. Your guide will help you to make some adjustments to the kayak if needed, and will also discuss the route. Once you’re familiar with the basic paddling and safety techniques, it's time to hop into your sea kayak to explore the winter archipelago from the perspective of the water. Follow your guide as you explore the beauty of Vaxholm and admire typical Swedish architecture. With its famous fortress that was used to defend Stockholm and traditional fishing cottages in the harbor, it's the perfect place to get the full archipelago experience. On the other side you'll find one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves. Whilst kayaking and exploring the islands from the water, listen to local stories about the area, which was once home to Vikings over 1,000 years ago. Soak up the scenic winter views and feel immersed in the tranquility, despite being just 30-minutes from Stockholm. At the end of an unforgettable experience, it’s time to begin the journey back to the starting point, admiring the last of the views along the way before warming up over a cup of coffee.
IncludesFully-equipped double or single sea kayak with a paddle, spray skirt, and life vest Dry suit, poogies, and gummi boots Waterproof bag Fika (Swedish coffee break) Hotel pickup and drop-off
- A reasonable degree of fitness is required to take part in this tour
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to run, if there are not enough bookings, the tour may be canceled
- Please dress in warm clothes suitable for sporting activities
- All participants must be able to swim