My Guide Website?
Stockholm: Sigtuna Village Oldest Town in Sweden Guided Tour2 Reviews
Visit the oldest town in Sweden with a knowledgeable guide who will tell you about the town's history. Walk along the main street, visit Wenngarn Castle and explore the village of Viby, preserved from before 1850.
- Take a guided walk through Sigtuna Village, Sweden's oldest town
- Admire the oldest stone churches from the early medieval period
- Visit Wenngarn Castle dating back to the 17th century
- Admire the castle's Baroque chapel
- Stop at Viby village, full of cozy red cabins
DescriptionVisit Sigtuna, the oldest surviving town in Sweden, full of cozy traditional wooden houses. Walk along the main street with your guide and see one of the smallest town halls in Sweden built before 1750. Explore the history of the town from the Viking age to the Middle Ages to today. Admire the oldest stone churches from the early medieval period from before 1100. After exploring Sigtuna, visit Wenngarn Castle dating back to the 17th century. It is rumored to have the best preserved Baroque chapel in Europe. Hear about the castle’s history and the history of one of Sweden’s mightiest men: Count Magnus Gabriel De la Gardie. Stroll through the beautifully restored palace garden. Finish the tour with a stop at Viby. The village, full of red cabins, looks like it did before the 1850s.
IncludesDriver and live guide Hotel pick-up if your hotel is no further than 5 kilometers from Stockholm Central Station Lunch (can be bought in Sigtuna)
- Please dress for the weather
- Bring some money for lunch