My Guide Website?
Vaxholm: Stockholm Archipelago Kayaking Tour
Kayaking is the best way to explore the heart of the Stockholm Archipelago. Paddle around Vaxholm, sometimes called the capital of the archipelago, and experience outstanding nature with plenty of wildlife.
- Kayak around Vaxholm and explore the archipelago from the water
- Enjoy some fika (a Swedish coffee break) on remote island
- Witness amazing views of Vaxholm Fortress and Bogesund Nature Reserve
- Experience outstanding nature and plenty of wildlife
DescriptionThe adventure begins at Skärgårdens Kanotcenter, where you’ll meet your kayaking guide and take part in a short safety briefing. Your guide will help you to make some adjustments to the kayak if needed and will discuss the route. Once you’re familiar with the basic paddling and safety techniques, it's time to hop into your sea kayak and explore the archipelago from the perspective of the water. Follow your guide as you explore the beauty of Vaxholm and admire typical Swedish architecture. With its famous fortress that was used to defend Stockholm and traditional fishing cottages in the harbour, it's the perfect place to get the full archipelago experience. On the other side, there is one of Stockholm's largest nature reserves. While kayaking and exploring the islands from the water, listen to local stories about the area, which was once home to Vikings over 1000 years ago. Soak up the scenic views and feel immersed in the tranquil atmosphere of the reserve, which will leave you feeling as if you're a million miles from the stresses of the city, despite being just 30-minutes from Stockholm. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, find the perfect spot for a rest and enjoy a typical Swedish 'fika,' also known as a coffee break. You are also more than welcome to bring a swimsuit for a Baltic dip if you wish. After the break, head back onto the water and watch out for the reserve’s array of native wildlife including beavers and coastal birds. At the end of an unforgettable experience, it’s time to begin the journey back to the starting point, admiring the last of the views along the way.
IncludesFully-equipped sea kayak double or single (with a paddle, spray skirt, and life vest) Waterproof bag Fika (Swedish coffee break) Hotel pickup and drop-off
- In the case of bad weather conditions, your guide will adjust the route accordingly.
- A reasonable degree of fitness is required to take part in this tour.
- This tour needs a minimum of 2 participants to run (if there are not enough bookings, the tour may be cancelled).
- Please dress in clothes suitable for sporting activities.
- All participants must be able to swim.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now